About a month ago my little gang came over for a dye day. Since we have a new spinner in the group (Hi Beverly!), I convinced her to dye wool. (We actually have a couple new spinners.) Well, needless to say sometimes the studio is more like the mad scientists cave and accidents do happen. Categorizing under mishaps is my latest disaster – felted wool out of my dye pot. Whoops.
This is the lemons – felted bit. I could barely pull bits apart.
Well at least it appears to be felted and I probably would’ve tossed it into the oops pile if Beverly didn’t say to me in passing, maybe you can put it on your carder?
So this weekend while I was fixing up another pot for her Slytherin colorway, I decided I would give it a go, what the heck – there is nothing to loose right. Well to my surprise lemons to lemonade… whohoo!
This is the new dye pot full and I did a hot pour method this time – so the colors strike quicker and are more distinct and vibrant.
It’s still not quite dry in this picture, but will be soon.
The specs on this fiber: This is a special blend of 75% Merino 25% mohair that I had specially made at Spinderellas, whom I can whole heartedly recommend as they have done a fabulous job on all my fleeces. I’ve sent them a few lemons over the last few years and they’ve made beautiful lemonade for me.