Like lots of folks, I’ve been drooling over the latest Spin-Off. I’m totally in love with the Danish Tie Shawl. The only thing is that I haven’t done any spinning for singles. I started thinking about it last night and I still don’t have the “right” yarn for my Urchin cap, so I decided to try some singles for the cap. I did both slubby and keeping it thick for larger wraps.
In one hour I spun a whole bobbin. This is it on the skein winder.
This what happened when it was off the skein winder.
Then I gave it a good soak and it did magically straighten itself out while hanging in the shower overnight.
This morning I decided to put it in a dye bath. The testing continues.