Things to be Thankful For…
Today is Thanksgiving here and it’s full of delightful smells. Smell is always a trigger for me and will send me back to days gone by. I thought it maybe fun to come up with a little list of things I’m thankful for:
- My husband who always cooks a delightful Thanksgiving. He is always wonderful and I appreciate him more than I often say.
- Another birthday. I had my 36th birthday on Monday. I remember when I thought 36 was old. I got to spend the day out with friends shopping, lunching and seeing New Moon.
- My family and friends who lavished me with wonderful gifts that I still have to post about. Especially DH – I had to struggle to get the huge Levenger box inside the door when it got delivered by UPS.
- My pets who give me a lot of joy. Especially Jasmine and Sweet Pea, as they have eased my grief considerably.
- My hobbies which give my hands and mind purpose and joy.
- My home which is a joyful place for me to be. I love being at home and it’s such a joy to be here – even when the chores pile up and I think the dust bunnies will take over. There’s always tomorrow to tackle the dust bunnies.
- Charlie (Little C as we call him) and Simon who have come to visit for the holiday, infusing this place with delightful kitten joy.
I’ll stop there, since I promised to keep it short but I really could go on and on.
Just had to share this cutie pie picture of Jasmine and Sweet Pea who like to sleep behind the chair.