This past weekend, I also had a chance to whip up a Urchin. This is a great pattern and a fun knit. I really love how it knitted up. I had a hard time getting gauge. I went up a size to large as I wanted it to be large and cushy on, plus I went up a needle size to an 11US on the pattern, but still was knitting less than gauge and it seemed to work out. I kept thinking it wouldn’t be deep enough but it is.
I would definitely knit this one again. This was made out of the singles handspun that I dyed the color blue and my verdict is singles for knitting are here to stay. Yeah! I think mine were a little more energized than would be called for, especially called for the shawl, so I will have to work on that, but really I loved the singles.
I seem to be on an EZ or what I would call functional knitting kick. I keep thinking these singles would be so useful for a EZ Bog jacket or an Adult Totem – anything in garter really. I could whip things up a little faster for gifts – total time for this project and I swatched to death was only about 3 hours including the spinning and dyeing portion. I don’t know about all of you, but I’m going to have to start my gift knitting for the holidays. I know sickening, but everyone wants everything handspun.